Dr AMIT SOLANKI (MBBS, DOMS, DNB, FAECS)
Super specialist Cataract, Glaucoma & LASIK surgeon
Contact No. :
• Super specialist Eye Laser Surgeon,
• Vinayak Netralaya, Janjeerwala Square, Indore.
• Joint Secretary,
• Indore Ophthalmological Society.
• Chief Editor, E-News Letter,
• M.P. State Ophthalmological Society.
• Ex. Medical Director, Vasan Eye Care, Indore
• Ex. Senior Consultant
• Centre for Sight, INDORE.
• Ex. Clinical Secretary,Indore Ophthalmological Society.
• Ex. Medical Director, Gomabai Netralaya, Nimach (M.P.)
• Ex. Chief Eye Surgeon, Sudarshan Netralaya, (Gujarat)
• Fellow Glaucoma & Phaco, Aravind Eye Institute,Coimbatore, (Tamilnadu)
• Ex. Resident Eye Surgeon, B.J.Medical College, (Ahmedabad)
Dr. Amit N Solanki
M.B.B.S D.O.M.S. D.N.B. F.A.E.C.S
Cataract, Glaucoma & Refractive Surgeon
Dr. AMIT SOLANKI has been in ophthalmic field for more than 13 years. He has done his undergraduate training (MBBS) followed by further postgraduate training (DOMS) from the reputed B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad (Gujarat). The desire to excel and to enrich with latest surgical expertise made him move to most southern part of India, where he completed his two years of Senior Residency at renowned Aravind Eye Hospital, Tamilnadu; during the same tenure he was awarded the Diplomat of National Board in Ophthalmology (DNB) by the National Board Of Examinations, New Delhi.
He has also done his LASIK LASER surgical training from Vadodara, Gujarat. His interest in Glaucoma and Micro Cataract Surgery; earned him prestigious special Surgical training (super specialty fellowship training) in Glaucoma & Advanced Phaco Cataract Surgery at Aravind Eye Hospital, Coimbatore; there he got an opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies and learn about advanced phaco cataract surgery and glaucoma diagnostics & management.
On his return he joined Sudarshan Netralaya, Gujarat as a Chief Eye Surgeon and established Glacuoma Services along with advanced phaco cataract surgery centre in 2007 and his work was appreciated by Gujarat Government (DBCS: district blindness control society) by giving Best Performance Award in Saurashtra Area. After that he had been the core team member and developed many hospitals & worked there being a chief eye surgeon like Global Hospital, Rajasthan, Gomabai Netralaya, Nimach, Vasan Eye Care, Indore, Centre for sight, Indore.
At present he is working full time as a Super Specialist Laser Eye Surgeon @ Vinayak Netralaya Group of Eye Hospitals, Indore.
Dr. Solanki has presented his work at National & State Conferences and received many awards. He has also been invited as an International Guest Faculty by Asia Australia Congress at Bangkok and by World Glaucoma Congress at Kualalumpur, Malaysia. He regularly enriches his experience by visiting several centers across the country. He has also delivered many lectures at various conferences being a guest faculty.
Dr. Solanki’s area of interest is Glaucoma, LASIK and Advanced Micro Cataract Surgery. He has to his credit more than 20,000 of eye surgeries. Many years of experience has made him adept at handling complicated cases of Cataract & Glaucoma surgery. He has done successful surgeries for as small child as 3 months old baby to as old as 102 years old patient.
He is young, energetic, dynamic and enthusiastic doctor who aspires high and wants to achieve the best in the field of Ophthalmology. He would like to devote himself to the service of human being by serving the community with the skills acquired and knowledge gained through his education. He is regularly doing Awareness Social Activities e.g. Teacher’s training programme, Eye care tips for Computer users , workshops for preventing eye traumas at industries, Eye care tips for Kids and their parents; Eye care awareness talk for senior citizens; Motivational talks etc.
He has a lot interest in spirituality and wants to grow in this aspect. He had a lot interest in adventurous activities. He had been actively involved in various trekking programmes. He had successfully completed “10 days rock climbing” training at Mount Abu, Rajasthan in the year 2000. He had actively participated in National Trekking Expedition Goa organized by Goa & Gujarat state branch of Youth Hostel Association of India on Goan Beaches and Western Ghat in December 2001. He loves walking & cycling; enjoying the Nature; doing yoga and organizing team building workshops and Picnics for healthy and enabling working environment.
AWARDS AND HONOURS:
• Honoured by various Social Groups, Senior Citizen Groups, Corporate & Charitable organizations for his contribution in eye care awareness by special health talks and workshops.
• Honoured as being the Vice President of Lion International, Sewa Ranjan, Indore for the year 2013-14.
• Honored as “Most versatile doctor of the year 2013” by Dr. A.M.Arun, Chairman, Vasan Eye Care Hospital.
• Honored with second prize for best surgical video titled “small vs large rhexis for endocapsular phaco in white mature cataracts” by Professor Dr. Kevin Miller (U.S.A.) at Dr. vasavada’s national phaco workshop, ahmedabad in September 2011.
• Best Poster Award at M.P. State Ophthalmic Society Annual Conference at Bhopal in 2016.
• Best Paper Award for Glaucoma by Dr. Devendra Sood at Ophthalmology
Tomorrow, Annual Conference by IDOS at Indore in June 2011.
• Best Paper of Session at AIOS (All India Ophthalmic society) Conference at Bhopal in the year 2006.
• Third Rank in Gujarat University during post graduation training in Ophthalmology at RIO, Ahmedabad in 2005.
• Topped in HSC at Karnavat Higher Secondary School in 1996.